Re: Gum discovery by S. Melvin -- maybe

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/11/02-04:21:40 PM Z

Greg,

Santa Fe probably has the greatest density per population of serious alt
photographers than any place on earth. For a town of 65,000 we have perhaps
100 down-and-dirty alt types and that is not counting the 100's of serious
silver printers. It has been then home of many famous photographers and
curators from Ernest Knee to Caponigro, Porter, Newhall, Coke, Enyeart,
Eugenia Parry, Yates et al. We also have a number of Guggenheim recipients
living here as well.

I am myself a transplanted Angeleno and like the atmosphere here which is
more laid back than Elay was. People here are also more accessible than
they are in NYNY or other big cities.

Come and visit. Bring money. Pay sales tax. We love visitors.

--Dick