Re: Storage Life of Glyoxal

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/15/02-01:05:48 AM Z

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Tom Ferguson wrote:

> Well the "old" unopened bottle was fine :-) By the point you've (I've)
> invested the time to shrink, gelatin, and gelatin again.... I just hated to
> risk total failure!
> --

Hi tom,

a footnote to the above, for what it's worth -- it seems that nearly every
"destroyed" gelatin-sized paper (as you and I would of course never do,
but as newby students have been known to) can be rescued by resizing &
rehardening, or so I've witnessed so far. And, if the paper was originally
tray sized, the shortcut of brush sizing seems fine... ie., not the ENTIRE
whole hassle again.

Meanwhile, for benchmark-- any idea how old that unopened bottle was?

J.