Re: Storage Life of Glyoxal

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 03/15/02-08:55:13 AM Z

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com

> From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> > Subject: Re: Storage Life of Glyoxal > > On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Tom Ferguson wrote: > >> Well the "old" unopened bottle was fine :-) By the point you've (I've) >> invested the time to shrink, gelatin, and gelatin again.... I just hated to >> risk total failure! >> -- > > BIG SNIP> > Meanwhile, for benchmark-- any idea how old that unopened bottle was?

No idea. It wasn't even in the right cupboard. I don't think I've been in that cupboard for years, and it was way in the back behind everything else. So I guess I'm a bad "benchmark".

It is fun to have a new gum project. This is being printed from digital negs (Dan's color method). The negs just keep getting better as I slowly adjust the curves to fit gum, I'm quite excited about this way of working :-)

For those interested, FOR GUM, I've been slowly modifying one of Dan's silver curves to fit gum. FOR GUM, the curve keeps getting straighter and straighter.