RE: Archival matters

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 03/20/02-04:34:24 PM Z

Sandy,

I brought up a similar question some months ago re Sullivan and Weese's
statement against dry mounting Pt/Pd prints and received a flurry of
mounting is NOT archival due to its intrinsic irreversibility.

In you question, however, irreversibility is exactly the desired result,
right?

Unless there is some concomitant chemical degradation of the print itself
(which I can't imagine, given a 100% rag support), I would think your
thinking is sound.

Which begs the original question-why not dry mount all the danged time?

Cheers,
John

http://www.photogecko.com/
Home of The Gecko UV Light Box