RE: Archival matters

From: Joachim (joachim@microdsi.net)
Date: 03/20/02-05:38:38 PM Z

Museum curators and archivists do not like dry mounting for valid reasons,
but if the museum is not the final destination of a print, drymouting tends
to preserve a print rather than degrade it (sealing out air-borne
impurities, physically supporting the print, etc.) There are innumnerable
mounted prints to illustrate this. Too bad we can't ask Ansel about this!
Joachim