Re: Archival matters

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 03/20/02-05:54:14 PM Z

Kerik,

Assuming that the dry mounting tissue is safe for the print and mat
support, and that the mat is of good quality, the board itself will
an extra protection by its mere physical presence and is not
otherwise harmful to the print. This would seem self-evident as
bigger, heavier things are almost always harder to damage or destroy
than smaller, lighter things.

What I am thinking about doing is laminating the carbon print, with a
natural border left around the print, to a good quality mat of the
same size. At that point, and IMHO, the entire sandwich has now
become the art piece. This procedure eliminates the normal concern
that one might have about having to sign the mat since one can in
this circumstance still sign the face of the print itself.

Sandy