Re: Kamera Korner

From: Leonard Robertson (leonard@harrington-wa.com)
Date: 03/30/02-11:22:57 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy King" <sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: Kamera Korner

Sandy - Thanks for posting all the good information, especially the
difference between F&S and Korona holders. I guess we are slightly off-topic
talking cameras on the alt-process list, but I tend to think many (or most?)
people working with these cameras are doing alt processes. I have a 1928-29
catalog from Central Camera Company of Chicago that list the 12X20 F&S and
Korona as "Banquet Cameras" and the Korona 5X12, 7X17, and 8X20 as "Korona
Panoramic View Cameras." I'm curious if the latter was Korona's official
designation for these size cameras.
Yesterday I received 3 wooden 8X20 film holders that look like they will be
usable. My intent is to fabricate an 8X20 rear standard and back for an 8X10
camera and have a new bellows made. I know someone who has a 2D Eastman in
pieces that I may be able to get. I mention this in case someone on the list
wants to get into 7X17 or 8X20 and can't find a camera. If you have
woodworking skills or know someone who does, a rear standard and back is
essentially box-making and not nearly as involved as making an entire camera
from scratch. I have heard of banquet size backs adapted to monorail cameras
also.

Leonard