Re: "The Fresson Secret"

Sandy,

Counter points:

1. The digital age is here . . . full size paper negatives are relatively
easy to make (as compared to silver) and practical. If paper negatives
give you heartburn a bit of photo trivia . . . almost if not all of
Echague's Fresson prints were done with Bromide paper negatives.

2. If pre-coated paper were being sold today, Fresson printing would
be the easiest alternative process to practise.

3. The prints have a unique characteristic which I think is what created
the awe/notoriety that Judy described about Metzner's work.

4. Paper production would never be financially viable for the Fuji &
Kodak's.  A cottage industry type operation using current technologies
while not carrying a huge overhead might just be able to survive in the
niche.  Remember there was a time when platinum supplies were basically
unavailable . . . I believe B&S came to the rescue.

And lastly, the odds of a successful new venture puts the smart money on
your side of the argument.

Sincerely, Art