Re: Wash off

Jeffrey,

Last night I allowed the coating to sit for 15 minutes before drying.
This seemed to help alot.  Clearing took much longer, however, requiring
the use of both EDTA and PermaWash in series for 20 minutes to clear.

Not using any EDTA in the coating mixture.  The ferric oxalate is
straight FO and distilled water - 7.5 gm in 25 ml.  I tried using EDTA
and oxalic acid in the ferric oxalate sensitizer some time ago, and got
very weak results.

I have no idea what the metal solution strengths are.  They are the
standards manufactured by Dick Sullivan, slightly warmed.

Filtering the developer several times has removed much of the gray
color, so I'm going to keep using it for awhile.  It doesn't *seem* to
stain the paper, the whites in the print seem close to paper white when
compared to unprocessed paper.

Does Bienfang still do that seersucker thing?

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Bill