Re: Security for photographic equipment

On Sun, 26 May 2002 12:09:54 -0400, you wrote:

>This question is for those who do a lot of traveling with
>photographic equipment, especially large cameras and film holder kept
>in big carrying cases. What do you do to secure the equipment in the
>car, van or SUV to prevent someone from just breaking the windows and
>walking away with it? I heard there was some kind of iron mesh
>available for this purpose but have been unable to locate a source.
>

>Sandy King

	One of my friends uses a roll-up cover that is the same color as his vans
interior. It's removeable and has drop-in mounts about 18" above the floor of
the van. It clips into retainers near the van by the door so if you look in it
looks very much like looking at the bottom of the van.

Regards

   John S. Douglas, Photographer
     http://www.darkroompro.net