Re: Security for photographic equipment

Sandy,

After a particularly devastating car break in (Nikon, Canon, Hasselblad
systems walked away in broad daylight, on a busy street at lunchtime in
downtown Dallas!), I purchased and installed a "Knaack" box. These are
used by carpenters and construction workers to protect their equipment.
It's made of steel, has a clamshell lip design which can't be pried
open, is heavy as hell and can be bolted through a floor. I never bolted
mine in completely, but used a 2X6 floor frame with a big padlock. I
could remove it from the van and use it as a camera safe in my house.

I still have and use the beast in my basement. FWIW, they are pretty
ugly.

-Darryl