Re: UFOs in my negatives

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 11/02/02-10:28:19 PM Z

> Some of the negatives I've been processing this week have weird
> hexagonal shapes on them of slightly greater density.
>>> This virtually assures it is your aperture leaves. Most likely, shooting in
a creek, it was a bit darker than in a field, hence you had a wider aperture
opening. Somehow, perhaps not noticed by since your visual information is
upside down, and your aperture is wide open, you did not see the lens flare.
Perhaps, too, you did not have a lens hood on the lens. Anyway, it all adds
up to to a light source (sun) striking the lens surface and creating the
flare which illuminated your aperture as reflected on the inside of your
lens.
>>> Being in the middle of the lens makes me think that perhaps you were
shooting a reflection of the sun.
>>> Jack