Really Steamed

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 11/06/02-02:47:47 PM Z

I picked up a couple hot steam vaporizers to punch up the humidity in my work
room. Vicks Vapo brand, 1.5 gal (I think). Very cheap and they also provide
a little heat, which is becoming more urgent as the season moves on.... I'm a
little miffed that they really don't seem to pump out that much steam,
certainly not much compared to a similar-capacity, good-quality sonic
humidifier I keep around (more expensive, more maintenance, and takes
distilled water only, but I need it to directly humidify print paper).... The
directions to the Vicks Vapo model say a pinch of salt can help. I tried it
and it does. A little. Anybody got any other suggestions? Sodium sulfite?
Pyro? Cyanide powder? ... -JB