RE: Wet Plate, Hot lights & Strobe

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 11/06/02-01:11:50 PM Z

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Eric Neilsen wrote:

> Several years back when I was helping the S&O team set up at the
> Formulary, Mark and I used a bank of UV tubes, like the ones used by
> many alt printers, to make an exposure. I don't recall my exposure, but
> it worked great. I however, was only trying to light a small table top
> set up with a 24" light bank.

Eric, for god's sake, you don't want to put those UV bulbs where you're
more likely to look into them -- unless you're wearing really good UV
goggles. That's on my mind today, having just come from some level 2 eye
tests -- suprise, all is digital now -- you see the inside of your eyeball
on a monitor instantly and it's just as instantly printed out in full dyed
color (archival? I can't say).

I'd just read a report on macular degeneration, & thinking I was in
proximity of an expert, asked what causes it. Aside from heredity, answer
was eat right, take your vitamins (duh !), and keep out of UV light. If
you're a candidate (and do you know who you are?), always wear sunglasses
in sunlight. And (he didn't add) don't look at your UV fluorescents.

J.