Re[2]: exhibition in London---Alt's techni que: "resino-pigmentype

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 11/08/02-07:31:36 PM Z

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, David Jackson wrote:

> I should have prefaced my subject line with "Newbie"...as I don't know the
> 'James' reference.
>
> May I bother you for the title?

That's probably Christopher James, I haven't got the book in front of
me, but title something like "Book of Alternative Processes."

For what it's worth, I was thinking during this thread -- surely the best
photographers reveal their process... And those times a "secret" method
has been finally !tah dah! revealed, often as not it's pretentious
version of the familiar. I remember a show where photog. went on & on
about the painstaking intricate arcane method by which she made her
imagery. She was describing gum bichromate. Fie on them all I say.
(Really, it's Fieday.)

As i recall, BTW, gum arabic is a resin...

J.