Clay's gum over pt

From: Shannon Stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 11/14/02-06:20:22 PM Z

Clay wrote:

>Well, I gotta confess that I've been let in on parts of the secret (under
>pain-of-death if I reveal it). I've been using the 'new' gum for about a
>month, and yes, it rocks. Stuart SHOULD be smiling. Its pretty interesting.
>So far, I've been using it mostly for gum-over work, but it excels at that
>as well, and makes them much easier to do in a single coat. I feel I should
>do some tub-thumping for Stuart's new approach. He's really onto something.
>Stay tuned. Mysterious ingredients and hardware store trips all figure into
>the story.....

OK, I've seen Clay's prints and they dropped my jaw, if such an
expression exists. I'm not a gum printer but I have made a few
palladium prints and seen some really great pt/pd prints, and Clay's
gum over platinum prints are amazing. It is not immediately obvious
that there is extra color in there, but there is a mysterious depth
to the images that evidently comes from the color. Don't worry,
Clay, I won't try to make you reveal the secret. I'm plumb scared of
that bichromate stuff!

--shannon