Gum Print Update

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/14/02-09:55:27 PM Z

So i thought i would give everyone an update on my gum saga. well, everyone
who is interested at least.

My first print didn't seem to turn out too well. i wasn't nearly patient
enough when it came to letting the highlights clear. i tried washing it
again, and it's been in water for a long long time, and still no change.
but my second attempt seems to working quite nicely.

after exposure i put it in the wash and let it sit. after a while i checked
it and there didn't seem to be much discernable image. i got frustrated,
but remembered all of the thing i've read saying 'be patient!'. so i
decided to do so. i left the house and went and shot some film, came back
and checked it. the highlights had cleared completely and it looks great.
i'm going to give it another pass tomorrow with my reinforced resolve.

thanks to everyone who has given me advice, i'm sure i'll be coming back
for more. haha.

cheers,

steve

--- Steve Bell
--- Veracity000@earthlink.net
--- http://www.unbeknownst.org/~insurrective /
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/insurrection
--- In fact, rock, rather than being an example of how freedom can be
achieved within the capitalist structure, is
     an example of how capitalism can, almost without a conscious effort,
deceive those whom it oppresses...So
     effective has the rock industry been in encouraging the spirit of
optimistic youth take-over that rock's truly
     hard political edge, it's constant exploration of the varieties of
youthful frustration, has been ignored
     and softened. --Michael Lydon