RE: Photo Journey... OT

From: Pamela Buck (pgbuck@msn.com)
Date: 11/19/02-11:52:22 AM Z

Make sure to take your 4x4 up Schnebly Hill Road while you're in Sedona.
Also, stop by Jerome, about a half hour from Sedona. If you have any
interest in architecture, Paolo Soleri's Arcosanti is between Sedona and
Phoenix, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West is in North Scottsdale.
Both the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix and the Sonoran Desert
Museum outside of Tucson are top notch. If you've never been in a
cavern, you should do it once. Kartchner Caverns east of Tucson is as
good an example as you'll find.

On your way to California, take Interstate 8 instead of 10. You'll get
to see the vast dunes near Yuma as well as drive through the
breathtaking Cleveland National Forest (warning: if you're dark-skinned,
have your papers. The last time I drove I-8 the INS was stopping all
traffic and checking each car with immigrant-sniffing dogs).

You could spend weeks at Balboa Park in San Diego with its 14 museums in
addition to MOPA.

You'll need reservations for the Getty. It's worth the hassle.

Stop by Lime Kiln State Park while you're driving through Big Sur and
take the short hike up to the waterfall. Take lunch at Nepenthe.

On your way to Santa Fe, stop by McDonald's in Winslow. You'll see old
weathered Navajos off the reservation, looking like they stepped out of
a Curtis photograph, swallowed up in the bright blue and green plastic
chairs.

Have a safe trip and exciting trip!

Pamela