Integrator Problem

From: Jeff Buck (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 11/27/02-09:42:43 AM Z

To Those Who Weighed In On Integrator Issues Recently: I got hold of an
Olec "Olix AI 950." Having trouble calibrating it for my HID lamp, which
is a 1000W metal halide lamp and is positioned 34" above the printing
surface (from bottom tip of the massive lamp bulb). I positioned the probe
on the printing surface looking up at the lamp. I then commenced the
attempt to calibrate the integrator for this light source. No good. No
matter where I set the probe dial (you rotate it back and forth to let more
or less light reach the photo cell itself), the read-out numbers raced by
like Seabiscuit. The numbers ran from 00.0 to 99.9 (or 000 to 999) in
about a minute and a half. The manual says nothing about the capacity of
the integrator to handle any particular maximum of light. Comments? -jeff
buckels