Inkjet Negatives on Epson 1200 Photo

From: Benno Jones (benno@bjonesphoto.com)
Date: 11/29/02-07:45:08 PM Z

I have an Epson 1200 Photo printer and am interested in starting to generate
negatives for Pt/Pd and perhaps Gum processes. I have Dan Burkholder's book
and yesterday made my first attempt using Pictorio OHP Transparency film.
The result looks reasonable, but there are marks down the length of the
transparency that look like they were made by whatever mechanism inside the
printer feeds the film along. They are very faint and only can be seen from
the right angle, but I'm worried that they may appear in my final image.
Does anyone else out there use this printer and have this problem? Do the
more recent Epson printers do this as well?

Thanks,
Benno Jones

See my homepage at http://www.bjonesphoto.com