Re: Poly Toner lots here...

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/01/02-09:53:10 PM Z

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:

> <PRE>Thanks for the formulas, Richard.

Does anyone know when "Poly Toner" was first marketed ? I checked my old
Photographic Facts & Formulas, ca 1979. Not there. So I checked Photo Lab
Index, also 1979. Not there either. My recollection was that PLI listed
all the products, but only some formulas. My recollection was apparently
wrong.

Poly Toner wasn't listed, nor was Kodak Rapid Selenium. However, there
was a formula for Kodak T-8, polysulfide toner, as follows:

Water 750 ml
polysulfide (liver of sulfur) 7.5 g
sodium carbonate mono 2.5 g
water to make 1 liter.

Agitate print for 15-20 min at 68F, for 3-4 min at 100 F.

This has the advantage that you can still make it if Kodak discontinues
both KRS and brown toner, also polysulfide doesn't stink.

What is Kodak's current brown toner? Their old brown toner stank
something fierce -- so it was sodium sulfide, not polysulfide. If you're
not making it with polysulfide, it's not the same thing anyway.

J.
.