Re: Poly Toner lots here...

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 10/02/02-01:22:58 PM Z

Hi Judy,

Kodak Poly-toner is listed in the 1985 Arkin-Medo catalog which
describes it this way:

"Kodak Poly-toner. For series of hues from reddish-brown to very warm
brown by means of various dilutions and toning times, especially for
warm-tone papers. Concentrated, single solution. Dilute 1:4 for
reddish-brown tones, 1:50 for very warm tones. 1 qt bottle or 1
gal. jug. Ask us for current prices. E-010."

I used Poly-toner when I worked for a commercial lab in 1972 or 1973
so it was available then. I may also have an old bottle from the
1950's or 40's down in the basement. I'll take a look and get back to
you.

Best -greg