Re: Digital negs from pigment printers?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/16/02-10:23:42 PM Z

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Carolyn Frayn wrote:

> Judy, Have you tried running the print head alignment utility? Check to
> make sure all heads are firing as well. There are other things that can

When I have run print head alignment (didn't think to do it now), I never
find a sign of anything wrong, but the problem goes away anyway!

I have however run a couple of nozzle checks, which came out PERFECT, did
a head clean anyway, the computer told me NOT to, but things still
improved. A second head & clean they improved some more. (Computers lie
like thieves.) I read somewhere today in fact that printing on substrates
like Pictorico (which I was) require more cleaning because the material is
not absorbent and more junk accumulates... That may also be just a rumor,
but an interesting one.

> cause banding, but both directions could be a sign of bad heads. Sometimes a
> windex flush helps. A friend just had their heads replaced due to that plaid
> look... but I've not experienced it with OEM inks.

Have you printed step tablets ??? IME they're subject to all kinds of
quirks, at least on the 1160 -- irregular streams of greater or lesser
density vertically down the center for another, also not seen otherwise.

Mercifully, I'm done with the step tablets, at least for the moment.
Now I'll look for "Print with Preview" -- thanks for the info.

Judy