CMYK Gum Prints and Color Gamut

From: Joe (jtait@texas.net)
Date: 09/07/02-11:01:18 PM Z

I have had it drilled into my head that gum can only be partially
controlled (after years of doing), and I don't question that in the
least, but I was wondering for those of you who have done CMYK gums, how
does its color gamut compare to other CMYK spaces? Do you use a gum ICC
profile in photoshop to generate color seps (I would think most people
use Photoshop to do this)? I know with the inumerable variables and
gum/paper combos, hour of the day, etc. that this seems kind of silly,
but I haven't seen ANY literature on generating color seps for gum.

BTW, any suggestions on literature?

Thanks.

-Joe