Re: SAFER: MODERN AMBROTYPES & THE WEB (Gasssssssp!)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/19/02-02:51:27 PM Z

> I have to laugh to myself when I read posts like this one, where an ³expert²
> is giving advise to experienced practitioners of a particular process. Yes

Actually, you didn't "laugh to yourself," you laughed to the list. Will
the person thus ridiculed continue to contribute? While the rest of your
message is useful (at least I found it interesting), I bet I wasn't the
only one found it diminished by the sneer.

You laugh at the "expert" giving "advise" [sic] to " experienced
practioners." Which wasn't the context or intent. But, anyway, if we were
all "experienced practitioners" in everything, why would we be here?
Just to flaunt our expertise?

J.

> the combination of acid and cyanide will result in a deadly gas, but any
> practitioner of wet collodion photography already knows this. Sort of like
> telling someone that is used to handling firearms not to look into the
> muzzle of a gun and pull the trigger to see if it¹s loaded.

etc.