RE: Galleries/public and the small print…

From: Martin Reis (mreis@tafelmusik.org)
Date: 04/01/03-04:17:35 PM Z

Christopher,

Yes, big is all the rage these days. Supersizing frames. Hmm. I get that
too. Nice work, but can you do something bigger? My advice, stick with
whatever looks right to you. In the end, it's the art that matters. I think
you will get more negative comments for the wrong framing than doing it
right to start with. You may want to consider hanging them closer to each
other or in groups of 2 or 4 or whatever works for you. I did this for my
last group show and it was well received. I put 10 small 6x8 inch frames
with very small pieces in a group near a bright window and that looked just
fine. I can send you a
a photo of what I mean should you need it.

Martin Reis