Re: Fabriano Artistico NOT 300gsm

From: Richard Urmonas (rurmonas@tpg.com.au)
Date: 08/08/03-06:29:38 PM Z

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 03:03 pm, you wrote:

> What can you say about the longevity of cyanotype on that paper? Is
> Fabriano Artistico calcium carbonate buffered (no good for Cyanotype -
> isn't it)? Is there a non buffered with no optical brighteners and
> internally sized paper around?

I have not done any tests for longevity of cyanotype. I have only
done cyanotype for a year, so if there were any changes they are
too small for me to see without specific testing.
I don't think the buffer is such a concern. I use a weak vinegar
wash as the first bath. This may react with the buffering agent
and convert it into a salt. Perhaps someone who has done
cyanotype for a longer time can offer some better observations.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas