Re: Pt/Pd toned Kallitye versus straight Pt/Pd

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/31/03-08:25:32 AM Z

Carl,

>As I mentioned when this first came up, Kalli processing is complex enough
>that you more less have to follow it through from start to finish with one
>print at a time. Because Pt/Pd processing is so much simpler, you can work
>on several prints at once. While the first print is in the light source, I
>coat and dry the second print. When the first print is developed and goes
>into the first water clear, the second print goes into the exposure box and
>I coat and dry the third. Etc. It may take an hour for each print to go
>through the process, but it's easy to make a dozen prints in a half-day
>session.

Your workflow is very different from mine. I do single tray
processing which saves a lot of space as I don't have to have a lot
of trays spread out for the different steps. I would certainly agree
with you that kallitype processing would be a lot more complex if
working with a separate tray for every step. However, using a single
16X20" tray I can process up to four 8X10 prints at once, which would
take about 40 minutes from start to finish so making a dozen prints
of that size, or more for that matter, in a half-day session would be
quite feasible. Anything over 8X10 I work on one at a time,
regardless of process.

Sandy