Film

From: Martin Salowey ^lt;martworld.is@verizon.net>
Date: 12/01/03-09:18:10 PM Z

Hi all,

I have grown weary of Kodak's slicing and dicing policy towards their
analog B/W products. Discontinuing Super-XX a few years back was horrific
enough but messing around with Tri-x is nothing less than unconscionable.
Rather than put anymore time, effort and $$ into testing and using Kodak
products, that will eventually be discontinued or changed, I am thinking
about testing/using some of the "Little" players products. Is anyone out
there using the following films?

    * J and C Classic either 200 or 400 speed
    * Efke 25, 50 or 100
    * Bergger 200
    * Ilford Pan F or HP-5 (I know they are a "Big" Player)

What are you impressions of the films characteristics, quality and
consistency? What combinations of film and developers have you found useful?

I know that these are rather subjective questions but it would serve as a
point of departure in deciding whether or not pursuing them as an
alternative is worthwhile. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Marty