Re: spots and fish eyes

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 12/08/03-01:39:04 PM Z

Could easily be uneven sizing - or when you were preshrinking you could have
accidentally abraded the paper. Do you dry between shrinking and sizing? I
always shrink with minimum agitation, then dry, then size (allows even
coating and good uptake of the size). I size pieces of paper individually
in a tray for the initial sizing, then size between coats by brushing and
rolling*.......I've been sizing between coats because I'd rather have
non-stained prints than stained ones and I find this is the best way to
avoid those pesky little spots. It's a pain in the neck but in the long run
much better than throwing prints out.
*initially I brush the gelatine on, then roll it smooth with a foam roller.

cheers
Kate Mahoney