Re: Lith film

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 12/12/03-03:41:32 AM Z

> > And speaking of 16-bit files, my understanding is that Photoshop 8
> > will allow layers and some other tools to work in 16-bit that were
> > previously limited to 8-bit. Does anyone know if it will also allow
> > printing in 16-bit?
> >

> Photoshop CS (8.0) will certainly let you print 16 bit files. I just
> printed a few the other night. What I don't know is how the Epson
> rasterization engine actually handles the data, i.e. does it just
> convert it to 8bit anyway when it prints?
>
> But it certainly is possible to keep all of your work in 16bit format
> and still do most of the editing that previously required one to be in
> 8bit mode. There are still a few filters and operations that only run
> in 8 bit mode, but fortunately not ones that I use very frequently.
>

> Clay

I've been printing 16 bit files from Photoshop for some time, using v7. I
suspect if there are problems in doing so it is with the print driver, as
I don't think Photoshop does anything with the file. This is one reason I
generally prefer to print from QImage.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com