Re: A little gum test

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 12/15/03-12:17:02 AM Z

Oops - yes I did indeed test with different exposures - I found that the
highlights blocked up lots more with the 30% solution.
I was using digital negs. I exposed in steps of 2 minutes in reflected light
and there was only a 2-minute gap between tones with the 30% and 15%
solutions, in other words, on a (normal for me) 4 minutes exposure with
saturated amm di, it required an extra 2 minutes to get the same tonal depth
with the dilute solution.

I have to say this was a fairly crude test but I thought it interesting in
light of recent discussions.

Kate