Re: Printer for inkjet negs

From: Mike Finley ^lt;ekng532@f2s.com>
Date: 12/29/03-11:18:29 AM Z

I don't have a Stouffer step tablet (don't know of a source in the UK)
but I'm fairly confident it is in the negative, as it looks similar on
Vandyke brown on COT320 paper and on old machine coated Centennial
POP. I don't get the same patterning with a negative either.

My guess is that its not a good place to start from, but Ultratone on
an 1160 makes very good monochrome prints with cotton rag papers,
which is what it gets used for mainly. I wanted to see if I could get
a good negative without getting yet another printer!

I doubt its worth asking Pictorico, as they don't market it for this
purpose (I think) so their meaning of compatible wouldn't be the same!
It is compatible in the sense that the ink doesn't puddle, dries
properly, and doesn't rub off. (Also I don't buy directly from them,
and if I spoke to the UK importers they also have their own OHP paper
that they'd probably try to sell me instead. From other discussions
I've had with them, I'm less than confident about their advice.)

I'll see if I can find somebody local with other printers who could
print some test negatives for me.

thanks,
mike