registration pins

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 02/11/03-09:50:30 PM Z

I'm want to upgrade my registration system beyond using my wife's sewing
pins :)

I can't find anyone that carries registration pins here. Everyone
recommends Bregman registration pins. I've never seen a Bregman pin :)

Are they a simple metal pin on a base? Are they more elaborate? Do they
have any way of locking the film and paper together?

Any pictures of Bregman pins on the net?

Are these thin enough to be used in a glass top vacuum frame?

Any reason why I couldn't make my own out of left over 1/4 inch stainless
steel tubing?

I need something I can use with a variety of negative sizes.

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2