operating a Macbeth ST102 Densitometer

From: Bernhard Wittek (bw@infosolutions.de)
Date: 02/15/03-10:41:28 AM Z

Hi list,

I hope I am not too much off topic, but I thought this could be of interest for someone else, too and last not least I am using that device for alt processes ;-)

Last week I got a Macbeth TD102 at ebay for 50,-- Euros. The meter is in a very fine condition and today I took some readings from a Kodak ST 34 step wedge. Zeroing and calibration seem to work pretty fine but the readings are some kind of confusing. If calibrated with the ST 34 at the logD 2.4 position the meter of course exactly reads 2.4. So far, so good. But going to position 1.4 of the wedge it reads 0.2 less and going to 3.4 it shows 0.3 more than it should. How can this be explained? Can it be caused by an inaccuracy of the wedge? At what density should I calibrate the meter? Unfortunately there came no manual with it.

Thank you for your kind help.

Bernhard