Re: Kudzu will win

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/02/03-10:40:24 PM Z

Sandy wrote:

> I am curious to know if there is any kudzu to photograph in areas of
> the country outside of the southeast? Last summer while visiting some
> friends in Montauck on Long Island we were discussing the question of
> the erosion of the cliffs up there, and I jokingly suggested that
> kudzu might solve the problem. But would it survive that far north?

I have a book called The Book of Kudzu. It is mostly about how to cook and
eat kudzu, but it also tells how to weave cloth with it. In it there is a
map that shows the range of kudzu in the US. Its northernmost range is
northern Virginia west to Arkansas. So I guess it wouldn't make it in
Montauk.

--shannon