RE: 35mm Cannister for Pinhole Camera

From: Bear Shield (nnorseman@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/03/03-09:09:46 AM Z

Temi wrote:

 I am considering having a group make some of these small cameras for the
2003 Pinhole Day. Do you tape the foil with the pinhole on the outside or
the inside of the film container?

Bear replied:

Sorry: I am afaid I am a very visual person. I could see what I meant. Yes.
you need to tape the Pinhole in foil onto the outside of the ilm container.
then use a small piece of tape for your shutter.
with 20 kids in a class I have had up to 150 pin holes in use at once. we
alway have a couple of three larger cameras going (shoe boxes, cookie tins
and such ) but most are the small container cameras.

Temi also wrote:

One more question - when working with these 'small' cameras, do you find it
more convenient to use film or paper negatives?

and Bear replied:

This depends on the age I am working with and what I have available for a
dark room. With the younger kid ( 5 to 14 ) I always do paper. If I have a
dark room with a good light trap door the older kids ( 15 to 150 ) like the
"Real " film. we often put it in the enlarger and make prints as a second
class. ( A word of warning: watch out for teen age boys trying to take
pictures up ladys skirts and in the woman room. some one allways seem to
thank of it in the 12 to 20 group)

good shooting

Bear