Paper for Platinum Printing

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 01/05/03-09:32:21 PM Z

Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry about papers for
platinum printing. Although I am not making platinum prints many of
the papers that work well for platinum appear to also work well for
the form of kallitype I use, thus the original question.

So far I am managed to get some samples of Crane's Platine, Masa and
Lenox and have tested these with kallitype. However, although all of
these papers worked well with kallitype they did not improve the
appearance of detail that I have been getting with Stonhenge. So my
question is this, are there still platinum papers out there that will
give better detail than Platine, Masa and Lenox? I would like to be
able to use Fabriano Uno because with VDB it gives better detail than
Stonhenge but unfortunately it does not work out of the box for me
with kallitype.

I do offer one caveat on the use of Lenox with kallitype, however. It
is very difficult to clear, much more so than Stonhenge for example,
and also very easy to tear. Masa is also very easy to tear, but I
guess you pt/pd printers already know all of this!

Sandy King