RE: Another Try at Cyano (digital neg)

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 07/10/03-07:41:13 AM Z

You said in your message...

>Can you please share your experiences on [digital negatives - cyanotype]
>combo later? I will try the spectral density negative method - that
>you've described in your book - this weekend. I prepared a negative on
>Epson transparency media - will try to build a good working adjustment
>curve.

The platinum curves gets fairly close for most people on cyanotype. If
you're using the Epson Transparency film with a dye printer, you almost
MUST use the spectral density method since that material can't hold much
ink. The Pictorico OHP is much better.

In other words, start with the platinum curve for your printer and then
modify as needed.

Good luck!

Dan