Re: GUM TESTING/CLEARING

kateb@paradise.net.nz
Date: 07/16/03-06:35:23 PM Z

Quoting The Painted Horse <paintedhorse@in-tch.com>:

> Kerik,
> Yes. They were dried for 4 days before I attempted to clear them.
> Funny thing is, is that they were made with the same print that cleared
> fine. All from the same batch of gum and all from the same day of sun
> exposure, same time etc.
>
> Bill-

also........I forgot to mention - I live at 45deg South and the angle of the
sun can change enough to make a real difference in exposure over 1/2 an hour. I
find I have to print between 10 and 2 except in the summer. U.V. drops
dramatically after 2 and can mean a difference of 1-2 stops exposure every 10m
minutes. Did you expose your prints consecutively or all at once????

Kate