Re: Toning Cyanotype

From: Graeme Lyall (graeme.lyall@ntlworld.com)
Date: 07/20/03-01:20:46 AM Z

I haven't been following this discussion - but I have had the privilege of looking at the Anna Atkins cyanotypes, made in the 1840s, which make up her book on British algae. Some of them are so fresh they might have been made yesterday. Compared with that, most silver based photographs from the period have fared very badly. I pretty much think of cyanotypes as permanent.