Re: Toning Cyanotype

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 07/21/03-07:56:44 PM Z

Graeme.

I haven't been following this discussion - but I have had the privilege of
looking at the Anna Atkins cyanotypes, made in the 1840s, which make up her
book on British algae. Some of them are so fresh they might have been made
yesterday. Compared with that, most silver based photographs from the
period have fared very badly. I pretty much think of cyanotypes as
permanent.

I've seen some of her prints too, they look like they were made just
yesterday. Who knows cyanotypes maybe more permanent than palladium prints.

Don bryant