Bromo-iodide Silver Gelatin Emulsion as an Alternative process.

From: Scott Walker (walker@sympatico.ca)
Date: 07/23/03-09:08:54 PM Z

Hi, Although it may not be an Alternative process for a while yet (see Kodak
article below), I thought I would get started
early.

I am trying to reproduce a traditional panchromatic B+W emulsion which I can
apply to glass plates. My problem is that I cannot find any decent recipes
with sensitizer dyes to achieve panchromatic sensitivity. Does anyone have
references to either recipes or dyes and their use as sensitizers? Or how
about the recipe to the recently deleted Verichrome Pan?

Thanks, Scott.
------------------------
Jobs set to go at Kodak
July 24 2003
By Nassim Khadem

Photographic group Kodak may cut Australian jobs after its US parent
announced it will slash up to 6,000 places in light of a large decline in
net profit.

Net profit in the April-June quarter slumped 60.6 per cent to $US112 million
($A172.2 million), from year-earlier profit of $US284 million ($A436.6
million).

The profit loss was attributed to rapid changes in digital photography and a
decline in holiday snaps. As a result, US Kodak said it expected to cut
4,500 to 6,000 jobs, or about six to nine per cent of its 70,000 staff,
beginning later this year.

Kodak employs approximately 70,000 people, with manufacturing plants in the
USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Australia and China.
Kodak Australia public relations manager Glenn Campbell said the company may
have to cut jobs in the long-term.

"In terms of job numbers, it's too early to say precisely what the
implications of the annoucement are for Australia. However, ongoing
corporate restructuring independent of this announcement will require staff
adjustments over time to address changing consumer demands," he said.

Asked what departments the job cuts would come from, Mr Campbell said from
the "corporate and administration business units."

"We are facing a number of challenges in what is a very competitive industry
facing technological transformation. It (the company) aims to make the
transformation from its traditional markets into digital-info imaging
business."
ml