Re: C-41 in b&w chemistry

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 03/04/03-10:42:41 PM Z

Greetings, all--

Okay, I'm gonna pitch in here, even though it's a bit premature.

Over a year ago (if memory serves me) I accidentally loaded (meaning I paid
no particular attention) and developed several rolls of B/W C-41 along with
several batches of TMX and developed the lot via Pyro. I recall being
mortified/curious/delighted with the results. I edited and printed several
of the C-41-Pyro's and thought they were quite nice. Then I dismissed the
whole affair as anomaly and went back to paying attention.

. . . until this thread came up.

And since this thread came up (and reminded me of events from over a year
ago), I've been searching (or intending to search) for those C-14-Pyro
negatives.

(I'm sure I have them somewhere. . . . )

In the meantime, my question for Liam is: Might Pyro stains take the place
of the C-41 color dyes? (. . . and might they be related, chemically?)

. . . and my question for Keith is: Why do you ask?

With delight,
John

www.photogekco.com