AMAZING carbro

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/27/03-09:24:19 PM Z

"Fogeys" is at In Camera, 511 West 25 St, between 10th & 11th Ave. The
photographer is David Stewart; the man printing them is a Frenchman now
living in Cornwall, England, name of Girard something starting with A --
(friend took that info home with her, I'll get it).

The show comes down Saturday, but if anyone can manage to see it they
should.

The photographs are delightful, but the *prints* are the most
extraordinary I've seen. They are also 30 by 36 inches. Where the
"tissues" are from was not available info; presumably someone somewhere is
making some kind of "pigment sheets." They're not conventional CMYK, or
conventional "color photography" color, tho "realistic" -- maybe *poetic*
realistic. The detail (which I can usually take or leave alone) is
magical.

If anyone knows details of the making, hope they'll share.

Judy