Re: Pyro Developers

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 05/18/03-01:47:00 PM Z

Sandy:

WD2D
Tray @ 68F-70F
Agitation: I place sheet of plexi over the tray and give the tray a vigorous
shake (lift and smack down) for the first 45 seconds, then every 15 seconds
thereafter, alternating the four sides. The plexi helps maintain temp of
liquid in the colder months and allows me to shake hard w/o splashing pyro all
over the place (even w/ relatively full trays).
Time for SBR 7 is 7 or 8 minutes (not at home, can't check).
For pt/od printing, DR target of 1.4. Truth is, I've only been doing
palladium for some time, so this should be a little short of ideal DR. But
this is on purpose. I'd rather miss a little short of the ideal because it is
so easy to correct at the printing stage (merest dab of Na2), while
too-contrasty negatives are pretty much unprintable.

JB