Photogravure question

From: jack reisland ^lt;reislandj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: 11/01/03-10:39:13 PM Z

I have a question for the photogravurists on the list. What is your
success rate? I have been learning photogravure in a class, and our
sucess rate has been pretty low. Out of five attempts, we have had only
two successful sessions. I understand that photogravure is a demanding
practice, with a lot of variables that can mess up the proceedure, but
it seems that we should be doing better than this. When our attempts
have failed, it was a failure for every member of the class, which
points to an error in proceedure, but the failures have varied from
session to session. So, can photogravure indeed be practiced with
somewhat consistant sucess?

Regards, J. Reisland