Re: Liver of sulfur?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 11/01/03-11:21:43 PM Z

From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Liver of sulfur?
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:19:47 -0800

> That may be but Liver of sulfur is not what is in KBT
> according to the MSDS. Here is part of the MSDS for the
> concentrate:

I'm getting sick of this.

Liver of sulfur = sulfurated potash = potassium polysulfide +
carbonate + sulfate and other stuff. Liver of sulfur and potassium
polysulfide are not the same.

It's their choice to indicate liver of sulfur as such or its
individual constituents as the KBT ingredient. I don't even know if
"liver of sulfur" is a valid item to list as an ingredient in MSDS. If
it's not, they'd have to list individual constituents of liver of
sulfur.

> I don't know whether a solution of Liver of Sulphur or of
> Potassium Polysulfides, would tone as a direct toner without
> any other ingredients. It should be easy enough to prove one
> way or the other.

Solution of liver of sulfur itself is a toner just like KBT. When you
add borax like in IPI formula, the pH actually goes DOWN because liver
of sulfur solution is much more alkaline than 9.2.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)