Re: extremely off topic

From: Phillip Murphy ^lt;pmurf@bellsouth.net>
Date: 11/19/03-05:49:34 PM Z

Hello Patricia,

You may wish to google information regarding HIPAA
(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
Most Institutions were required to be in compliance of the Act
by or before April of 2003. Here is a link:
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/

This Act gives patients a great deal of legal leverage regarding
how their medical information is used. Medical Imaging and
how those images are used falls under the guidelines of this Act.

I believe the key is to have very clear and thoroughly
written releases (preferably authored by an attorney)
.... that are signed.

best regards,

Phillip