Re: Pigments for Tri-Color-Gum?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/27/03-12:28:26 AM Z

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Judy,
> It's not my preferred color of choice because it is milky and usually
> on top of other colors it doesn't look very well, so it is a "one liner".
> However, it does have a beautiful hue--clear, bright, happy yellow. Isn't
> that the yellow you use in your sky in the gum print you have in the
> Antiquarian Avant Garde book?

Sad to say, the colors in that reproduction are very little like the
original, which was much more saturated and acid... how/why it came out so
pastel (they scanned from the original), who knows?.... The sky was,
as I recall (I did several versions, with different yellow or gold skies),
a kind of chrome yellow-orange... I don't think I own a cadmium yellow,
or not any more... Was wondering if I should get one, but from your
description not necessary.

thanks,

Judy